One week to go!

This time next week, all being well, I will be on a Whizz Air flight to Budapest. I'm not sure the name of the company instils a great sense of confidence, but even so, the excitement levels are really rising now. I've spent the last couple of days shopping for the remaining random bits and bobs, like a plug (for sinks rather than electrical items) and a sleeping bag liner (for the second time as the first was lost by Amazon) and I'm getting really close to being ready now. Similar to my last trip, I again have an inordinate amount of toiletries, but I am fairly certain I can't do without any of them...! I also seem to have more clothes than I thought, but I'm sure that with a bit of Marie Kondo folding, all will fit in.
For the last week and a half I've been staying at my parent's house. I'd planned this because I really wanted to spend a chunk of time with them before I went away on my trip. I'm really fortunate as unlike many of my friends I don't need the 'three day rule' and I can also quite happily slow down the pace to deal with village life (well for the length of time I'm here I can!). I've been having a lovely time, and as they discovered the delights of traveling themselves in the last few months they can understand my excitement. When I did my trip round the world 10 years ago, Mum kept a scrapbook of printouts of my blog posts alongside the postcards that I sent and I've agreed that I'll send postcards again this time. I've recently come up with a route for my European trip and so to start Mum's scrapbook off, I've upgraded my initial hand-drawn version for her and have included it below. It goes with a beautiful spreadsheet (of course) which includes details of how long I plan to stay in each place, but as I want to give myself some time to be flexible as I might like/dislike places and want to stay longer/move on sooner than I think from reading a book, I'm not going to reproduce that here. You'll have to read my blog to find out where I am!!

 It's gonna be amazing!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Familiarity breeds contempt...

Entertainment on the go

Another great detour!