Entertainment on the go

At the time I started writing this blog post, according to my BA app I have 6 days, 5 hours and 26 minutes until my flight to Buenos Aires. The flight time is estimated to be 13 hours and 55 minutes and given the size of Argentina and Brazil (the two biggest countries I'm traveling around), is fairly representative of the long journeys that will be involved in my South American Adventure. To save money, around Eastern Europe I'd downgraded to the free version of Spotify to listen to some tunes, but their New Year offer of three months for 99p has meant I've splashed out and upgraded back to the Premium version (which I'll likely continue until the end of the trip depending on data/wifi availability). I'd had a playlist that I tended to listen to interspersed with various Spotify playlists and specific artists that I'd go for depending on my mood. My 'randoms I like' playlist started with a few songs I'm particularly fond of and then as I thought of others they'd be added, or as I'd listened to a particular album and remembered a song or if I heard one on the radio or in a shop that I liked, that would get included, and so it grew.
The nice thing about this blog, as I've mentioned before, is that a lot of the time I don't know who's reading it and so as I'm now going to share my playlist with you, which (in my book) is an incredibly intimate thing to do, I don't know who is going to be surprised/horrified/amused/bemused or confused by my choices! I'll only know those who are really unimpressed when they stop speaking to me... 😳
  1. Call me Maybe; Carlie Rae Jepsen 
  2. Shape of You; Ed Sheeran
  3. I Got You; Bebe Rexha
  4. Starting From Now; Catherine McGrath
  5. Mr Blue Sky; Electric Light Orchestra
  6. Nothing Rhymed; Gilbert O'Sullivan
  7. Anywhere; Passenger
  8. She's So Lovely; Scouting For Girls 
  9. Bills; Lunchmoney Lewis
  10. Domino; Jessie J
  11. Clair; Gilbert O' Sullivan
  12. Get Down; Gilbert O'Sullivan
  13. Ignition (Remix); R Kelly
  14. Get Lucky; Daft Punk, Pharrell Williams, Nile Rodgers
  15. Foundations; Kate Nash
  16. Cloud 9; Jamiroquai
  17. Tears Dry on Their Own; Amy Winehouse
  18. Can't Stop The Feeling; Justin Timberlake
  19. Goodbye Mr A; The Hoosiers
  20. Dancing in the Moonlight; Toploader
  21. Despacito; Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee
  22. September; Earth, Wind and Fire
  23. Lovely Day; Bill Withers
  24. Loco in Acapulco; Four Tops
  25. Take on Me; a-ha
  26. Don't Stop Believin'; Journey
  27. Lovesong; Adele
  28. Everybody (Backstreet's Back); Backstreet Boys
  29. New York State of Mind; Billy Joel
  30. Piano Man; Billy Joel
  31. Promise Me; Beverley Craven
  32. When I Was Your Man; Bruno Mars
  33. Hips Don't Lie; Shakira
  34. You Could Be Happy; Snow Patrol
  35. Empire State of Mind; Alicia Keys
  36. Somewhere Only We Know; Keane
  37. You Give Me Something; James Morrison
  38. If I Ain't Got You; Alicia Keys
  39. Don't Know Why; Norah Jones
  40. Fast Car; Tracey Chapman
  41. More Than Words; Extreme
  42. I Love To Love; Tina Charles

https://open.spotify.com/user/drhodgetts/playlist/5t1DZanGy92xcr7ltIJe4t?si=IrziFBRSSM-bvPvSFqYgxg

So, now I come to the reason I've shared this with you. As you can imagine, I've listened to this playlist A LOT! That's not to say I don't want to continue listening to it but I'd like to generate a new one for my travels through South America and I'd really appreciate your input please! I'd be most grateful if you could send me a song you think I should add to my new list. It can be a song you love, a song that seems relevant to the places I'm traveling to (Argentina, Chile, Uruguay and Brazil) or just one you think I'd like to listen to (likely multiple times!). If you could do this by either emailing me directly on my Yahoo email address (if you have it) or posting a comment on my blog I would be most grateful. Please remember if you receive the blog post through the email subscription, I do not receive replies to that address, they get lost in the ether so it will need to be either the yahoo address/comment box for me to receive your recommendation!
Thank you for your help and I'll update you on the new playlist in a few weeks!

Comments

  1. Hey Andrea! Here are my recommendations:

    1. Everyone Else - London Grammar
    2. Dear Theodosia - Regina Spektor ft. Ben Folds
    3. Get Me Away From Here, I’m Dying - Belle and Sebastien
    4. Concrete Schoolyard - Jurassic 5
    5. Shelter Song - Temple
    6. 1998 (Otologic Mix) - Chet Faker
    7. French Navy - Camera Obscura
    8. Man Woman Boogie - Q-Tip
    9. New York is Killing Me - Gil Scott Heron
    10. Chained - The XX
    11. London Thunder - Foals
    12. French Navy - Camera Obscura

    The ‘Hamilton Mixtape’ and ‘Girls’ soundtracks have some gems too so check them out!

    Enjoy and safe travels

    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Familiarity breeds contempt...

Another great detour!